Friday, July 6, 2007

Ducks in a Row


I am ready to apply to graduate school. I need to brush up my essay a bit, and e-mail my former boss to make sure it is okay to list him as a reference. But, thanks to Bob at City College SF, I have all my transcripts--except for my record from U. C. Berkeley Extension.

This grade isn't posted yet, as I still have to post a story and possibly an essay, but it will surely boost my g.p.a (which should be sufficient, but now that it is time to act I am wondering if a Higher G.P.A. would be better?)


I submitted my FAFSA awhile ago, hoping that if I get my application in on the earliest possible day, I will possible have time to apply for scholarships and grants. I haven't crunched all the numbers, but I hope I can afford school.

I guess it will be good timing as Mr. Bibliotecaria will be finishing school. If he applies to grad school and we have to move north, I can transfer (right?) to the other good library school in Seattle.

I just hope I don't lose my mind. Baby Bibliotecaria will be almost old enough to be cared for by someone else. Ideally Mr. Bibliotecaria will be working from home or have a flexible enough schedule to care for her. Second Son Bibliotecaria will be in school, and of course First Son Bibliotecaria will have school.

I am hoping to be able to handle the maximum amount of units per term.

No comments: