Monday, July 2, 2007

Donnie Darko


Yes it took me awhile to finally see this movie, but I was presently surprised. The theological under/over tones, coupled with dark '80s music and paranoid schizophrenia, Graham Greene --what a winning film!

Several of the plot twist kept me wondering about the movie for awhile, and the lack of scientific reality of the whole time travel concept didn't bother me at all. It isn't really a sci-fi movie at all. It is more of a thought experiment, where one accepts something totally unreal as real for the sake of learning/exploring a greater idea--the nature of sacrifice and well, there is some cool joy division.

Not for children, I still have a hard time looking at rabbits, even after a few days. Rent it today!

1 comment:

Josh said...

I love Frank. I actually had him up as my screensaver for months after I saw that movie.